The Client shall provide, on request by the request of The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, all such information which is available in relation to the function as may be necessary to enable the hotel to make a fully informed assessment of its obligations to provide the services.
The package price agreed on at the time of booking will be fixed. We will increase or decrease prices by the relevant amount if VAT is changed on or before arrival date. Rates currently are 20% VAT inclusive. For all other add on items e.g. drinks, food etc. The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to alter its standard prices without notice in line with inflation rates or where The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa suffers an increase in costs caused by events outside of the control of The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, such as price increases by suppliers or other third parties.
Deposits For Bookings Made 6 Months in Advance:
An initial booking fee of £1,000 is needed to secure your agreed date(s). After your initial deposit has been paid a further deposit equivalent to 50% of the quoted and agreed package price less the defined guest contributions will be due 6 months before your event takes place. The final outstanding 50% is due 3 months prior to arrival.
Total quoted price: £10,000
Guest contributions: £4,000
Initial deposit: £1,000
6 months before £2,500
3 months before £2,500
Cancellation by the Client
If the Client cancels a reservation less than 12 months in advance The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will charge the following sums:
- For a cancellation received within 6 months of the date of arrival – 50% of the total value of the agreement
- For a cancellation received within 4 months of the date of arrival – 75% of the total value of the agreement
- For a cancellation received within 2 months of the date of arrival – 100% of the total value of the agreement
- If an event needs to be cancelled by the booking party then any deposits paid will not be refundable or useable against anything else unless the event date is being moved (see below).
- Bookings must be cancelled in writing or by email to:
(email@example.com) and must be acknowledged by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, cancellation will be effective on the date acknowledged by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa.
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to cancel your function if payments due are not received within 14 days of the due date.
Cancellation by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa
The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa may cancel a booking under the following circumstances;
- If the Hotel or any part of it is closed due to circumstances outside of its control.
- The Client becomes bankrupt, insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- If the Client is more than 30 days in arrears with any payment to The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa
- If it might prejudice the reputation or cause damage to The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa. In such event, The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will refund any advance payment made but will have no further liability to the Client.
To Change a Booking Date
If a confirmed event date needs to be moved to another date, the following fees will apply:
- More than 12 months’ notice £500 change fee
- Less than 12 months’ notice £1,000 change fee
- Less than 9 months’ notice £1,500 change fee
- Less than 4 months’ notice £2,000 change fee
For the avoidance of doubt the above fees are in addition to any deposits already taken. The original package booked must remain the same
Credit or Account Facilities
Account facilities will only be granted to those companies or persons who have established credit facilities in advance. The Client agrees to pay all charges on the due dates failing which, under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to charge interest on invoiced amounts unpaid for more than 30 days after the date of invoice at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England’s base rate from the due date until the date of actual payment. Any function for which advance payment is overdue by more than 14 days may be cancelled by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa and the cancellation fees detailed above will be applied. If there are queries on any part of any invoice, the Client will pay the undisputed balance of the sum owing on the date due and the remainder on resolution of the query. The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to withhold or withdraw credit facilities at any time without notice.
Exclusive use bookings include use of all 39 bedrooms in the Hotel, the Coleridge Suite and all communal areas. Exclusive use does not include the The Dove Bistro.
It is the client’s responsibility to ask all of their guests and any 3rd party contractors to;
- Comply with all licensing, health and safety and other regulations relating to the Hotel.
- Not carry out any electrical or other works at the Hotel, including amplifications and lighting without The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa prior written consent, provision of PAT tests may be requested.
- To provide in advance any special licenses that might be required to run their activity.
- Not bring any dangerous or hazardous items into the Hotel and remove any such items promptly when requested to do so by a member of the hotel management or any other authorised person.
- Not consume any food or drink at the Hotel not supplied by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa or its authorised caterers, without The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa prior written consent.
- Not act in an improper or disorderly manner, leave promptly at the appropriate time and comply with any reasonable requests by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa employees.
- Not use non-biodegradable confetti or be liable for the clear-up costs.
- Not to use threatening language or violence against any staff members at The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa
- Any use of a Marquee in the grounds of the hotel must be pre agreed.
- Marquees may only be erected when the client is taking an exclusive use package.
- When any part of a function is to take place in a marquee, the client agrees to take on any additional costs associated with the marquee that are not included in the exclusive use packages eg: kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery etc.
- Marquee erection may commence up to 24 hours prior to the start of the function subject to availability. Should additional time be required prior to the function due to specific client requests, a charge of £2000 per day applies.
- Dismantlement of a marquee will be completed by 12 noon the following day. Should this time not be met due to circumstances created by the client, an additional charge of £500 per hour will be made, payable by the client.
- Any damages to The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa landscaping or grounds will be chargeable.
The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will take all reasonable steps to fulfil all bookings made to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least an equivalent standard at no additional costs to the Client. The Client shall not be entitled to assign the booking to any third party nor utilise the Hotel’s facilities, other than for the purpose stated without The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa prior written approval. The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to pass on to the Client any additional costs incurred by them in respect of goods and services requested during the course of the function or caused by the Client not adhering to the agreed times of services. Whilst The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, leaflets and advertisements is accurate it reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facility or amenity without notice if necessary. No variation of these conditions shall be effective unless in writing and signed on behalf of both The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa and the client. This agreement shall be subject to UK law notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligation to the Client in whole or part as a result of any of the following circumstances.
- Other industrial action(s)
- Fire at or near the Hotel
- Flood at or near the Hotel
- Civil unrest, dispute or commotion
- Act of God
- Legal action against the company, not resulting from its negligence, preventing the supply of services
Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns
All Firework Displays must be delivered by approved pyrotechnics and with the advance approval of The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa. Lantern releases must be kept to a maximum of 10 lanterns and with the advance approval of The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa.
Children & Pets
Children and Pets are very welcome at The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, although due to the nature of the gardens, the extent of the grounds, the driveways through the grounds and the proximity to the fast flowing river, they should be accompanied at all times. The safety of children staying at The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa is wholly the responsibility of their parent/guardians.
The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will be liable to the client and/or persons attending the function for injury to persons or loss or damage to property only where and to the extent that it has been negligent but otherwise will be under no liability to them whatsoever Per the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956. The client will be liable for any loss or damage to The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa property including but not restricted to walls, light fittings and equipment (including items hired for their use) or injury to any person including The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa staff and shall indemnify The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa against any loss or liability arising from the function. The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa will not take any responsibility for any damages or loss of items brought to the hotel by the client. The Client is advised to consider arranging insurance for the function covering public loss or damage to their own property and that of persons attending the function, and also insurance to cover cancellation charges. The Client is responsible for ensuring that any 3rd party contractors hired by them for the event will comply with any requirements made by The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa to ensure the efficient operation both of the Client’s event and of the hotel in general, and will indemnify The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa for any failure on the contractor’s part to do so. Any contractors employed by the Client must vacate the hotel, remove all their equipment and replace any hotel equipment (including all floral arrangements), by the end of the exclusive use period, or by normal checkout time for non-exclusive events, unless agreed specifically in advance.
The hotel reserves the right to charge full room tariff should we not be able to resell a guest room after the event due to the following reasons:
- Smoking in any of our guest bedrooms.
- Breakages rendering the room incomplete to resell to another guest.
- Specialist room cleaning including carpet shampooing.
- Soiled beds or furnishings.
General outline of charges associated with damages:
We are a strict non smoking house, smoking is permitted on our outside terrace and gardens, we respectfully ask that you and your guests please use the ashtrays provided. Minimum charge for non-compliance is £150 per guest room if we are unable to re let the room for a period then the standard room rate associated with that room will be applied to the damages bill.
If any extra or intensive cleaning is required after departure, guests are liable to a minimum charge of £100. This is to cover the cost of extra cleaning that may be required in the event of circumstances such as but not limited to staining to linen, flooring, furniture, paintings and walls. This charge will only be levied in the event that it takes our team of cleaners any extra time and/or effort to clean the room and above normal usage. If a carpet is soiled in anyway it will need to be replaced in its entirety Approx. carpet replacement cost is £500
Any damage caused to furniture , carpets or décor will be charged at full replacement cost , we highly recommend that dogs left in rooms are popped into their cages (We do not supply cages so owners will need to bring their own) and are only accommodated in rooms 1,2 and 40.
If any alcohol other than Alcohol purchased at The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa is found within our hotel and its grounds then The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to charge the client a min fee of £1000. As licensees we have a duty of care to provide alcohol to our guests that is under our control. We thank you for your understanding in this sometimes difficult matter.
Children and Extra Adults
We do not charge for children aged 2 years and under providing they don’t eat cooked breakfasts! All other children will be charged at £25 and extra adults will be charged at £50.00 B&B this rate assumes that these guests are additional to the 2 included occupants. Not all of our rooms are suitable for accommodating extra guests so please ask us at the time of booking. Dogs are charged at a standard rate of £20 DDBB per night. Well behaved Dogs ON A LEAD are permitted in the following rooms 1, 2 and 4. Well behaved Four legged friends are also permitted in the bar area and in the garden room as well as the grounds and outside terrace. If your dog causes disturbance to other guests while they are in house or in your room then we may politely need to ask you to move the dog into your car.
All final costs will be billed to the main “client “account unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to your event. Any extra costs incurred during your event will be added to the main account. We are not perfect and mistakes can often be made, The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa reserves the right to bill any items missed from the final bill at a later date (up to 1 month after departure)
Care of Children and Elderly Guests
Due to numerous period features of the building and grounds, children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the garden please note that care must be taken as original slate walkways and stairs maybe slippery, particularly when wet. Safety of our guests is of great importance to us, if you or any of your guests suffer from anything that may limit your /their ability to be aware of /or to respond to an emergency situation please let us know. We will then make arrangements to assist you or your guests in the case of any emergency.
The client shall give details of final numbers attending the function when requested by the Hotel and, in any case not less than seven days beforehand. The acceptance of any increase over the previously advised numbers will be at the discretion of The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa.
Bar Opening Hours
The bar will close to non-resident guests at 12:00 midnight when they must depart but remain open to resident guests for as long as they require.